GSOC 2020

Ján Tomko jtomko at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 17:40:05 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 09:38:43PM +0530, Satyam Saxena wrote:
>Hello everyone,

Welcome!

>I am a GSOC aspirant and looking forward to contribute to Libvirt. I am
>interested in *Redfish API Implementation*. I am looking for some
>guidelines to start contributing to the organization. How can i get started?

I'm not familiar with Redfish or the GSoC side of things, but cloning
the libvirt repository, getting it to compile, writing a patch and
sending it to the list is a good start.

The guidelines live here:
https://libvirt.org/hacking.html#patches

Most to date compilation guide I found is the README-hacking file in the
git checkout
https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=README-hacking;h=7da940eb1397c203f5bbb1b9ebb53b67ea41f216;hb=HEAD

And you can find inspiration for your first patch here:
https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/BiteSizedTasks#Ongoing_code_transitions

If you choose to do a g_auto cleanup, Dan wrote a nice blog post about it:
https://www.berrange.com/posts/2020/01/31/libvirt-use-of-gcc-clang-extension-for-automatic-cleanup-functions/

Jano