Plans for the next release

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 12:38:30 UTC 2020

Hi all,

We are getting close to the next release of libvirt. Because I am on
vacation next week, I think we will have a little bit longer freeze
period (although mainly extended by a weekend).

So to aim for the release at the beginning of August I suggest entering
the freeze just before the upcoming weekend starts, i.e., on Friday July
24 (in late evening) and I think we can skip RC2 this time and just push
the release on August 1 or 2.

Normal freeze period would start on Monday with RC2 on Thursday and a
final release on August 1, which is pretty similar in terms of frozen
work days.

I hope this works for everyone.

Jirka