Greetings from cirrus-run author

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 14:17:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-07-30 at 15:59 +0200, Pavel Hrdina wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 03:04:37PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > If you
> > look at this recent pipeline
> >
> >   https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/pipelines/170028119
> >
> > you'll see that the x86-freebsd-12-build job has failed; however if
> > you look at the corresponding Cirrus CI job
> >
> >   https://cirrus-ci.com/build/6133607741784064
> >
> > you'll notice that it has completed successfully. We've seen this
> > happen about once a week on average. It's as if cirrus-run somehow
> > lost track of the status of the Cirrus CI job...
>
> I'm not sure if there is anything that cirrus-run can do about it.
> Depends on the cirrus-ci API. In the case that you've mentioned the
> issue is that the job was rescheduled on cirrus-ci. This is most likely
> the original job that was terminated:
>
>     https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5722023156514816
>
> and the job that caused cirrus-run to report failed job.

That makes sense. The Web UI provides links to all other instances of
a certain task when it gets rescheduled, however, so I wonder whether
the API also exposes that information and whether cirrus-run would be
able to "chase" after the task by using it... They both belong to the
same build after all, so it should be possible to correlate them.