[PATCH 0/9] Some Coverity memory leak patches

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 12:07:01 UTC 2020

Even though I changed roles, the cron job still runs.  I recently
updated to a newer coverity version and it found some new stuff and
even more false positives. It's still very unhappy with the usage
of GLIB_DEPRECATED_ENUMERATOR_IN_* macros for *glib/gspawn.h and
*gobject/gparam.h, but I can work around that. I had to disable
the use_after_free type checking because the virObject to GObject
change just caused a large number of possible false positives for
virObjectUnref usages (coverity cannot keep track of all the counts).

Anyway, I had a few spare cycles, so I figured I'd pass along at
least the memory leak and usage things that were found. I haven't
posted in a while so hopefully I haven't missed some subtlety.

FWIW: I no longer have commit access so I'm at the mercy of someone
      else pushing my patches now.

John Ferlan (9):
  util: Fix memory leak in virAuthGetCredential
  util: Fix memory leak in virAuthConfigLookup
  lxc: Fix memory leak in virLXCControllerPopulateDevices
  util: Fix memory leak in virPCIProbeStubDriver
  test: Fix memory leak in testParseXMLDocFromFile
  conf: Fix memory leak in openvzWriteConfigParam
  conf: Fix memory leak in openvzReadFSConf
  conf: Fix memory leak in virCPUDefParseXML
  util: Avoid using wrong free function

 src/conf/cpu_conf.c        | 2 +-
 src/lxc/lxc_controller.c   | 3 ++-
 src/openvz/openvz_conf.c   | 7 ++-----
 src/remote/remote_driver.c | 2 +-
 src/test/test_driver.c     | 2 +-
 src/util/iohelper.c        | 7 +++++++
 src/util/virauth.c         | 5 +----
 src/util/virauthconfig.c   | 4 ++--
 src/util/virauthconfig.h   | 2 +-
 src/util/virpci.c          | 1 +
 tests/virauthconfigtest.c  | 2 +-
 11 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)


More information about the libvir-list mailing list