On the need to move to a merge request workflow

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 12:35:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 11:44:07 +0000, Daniel Berrange wrote:

[...]

Many of the things outlined below can be also read as "if you spend some
effort in using the proper tools and using proper approaches" you can be
more effective than the web-tools which are better than the default
approach but far from great. Arguably you could apply same logic on the
web based workflow too, but we are in a gravity well of having stuff set
up to our liking.

I also presume the 'merge request' workflow still supports doing
fast-forward merges only as that would be a very big regression since
we've kept linear history until now.

At any rate, I hope you are right, and in the end it will be worth the
hit on the workflow of existing contributors and reviewers who prefer
email.