Fwd: KVM hook

Aditya Sahu adityasahu.292013 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:21:25 UTC 2020

Hi Team ,

I am reaching out to you seeking your help for one of my KVM hook script.
I am using /etc/libvirt/hooks/network file to trigger an event when a
network is created or deleted ( https://www.libvirt.org/hooks.html ).
Basically I using a rest call to create the same network in my Infoblox
appliance for the network monitoring.

However every time I create a network only $2== start or $2==started gets
invoked, i have tried pretty much every combination and permutation but did
not get any success. I checked the libvirtd.log and found that only $2==
start or $2==started gets invoked.

In my case i would like to get network created in infoblox appliance as and
when it gets created in the KVM and should get deleted as and when it gets
deleted from the KVM.
Here is snippet of my script

#!/bin/bash

network_name=`xml_grep --text_only  hookData/network/name
 /etc/libvirt/hooks/net_details`
network=`xmllint --xpath hookData/network/ip/@address
/etc/libvirt/hooks/net_details|cut -d "=" -f2|tr -d '"'`
network_mask=`ipcalc $network |awk '/Network/{print$2}'`

if [[ $2=="begin" ]] || [[ $2=="start" ]] || [[ $2=="started" ]]; then
        curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H "content-type: application/json" -X
POST "
https://10.196.200.63/wapi/v2.10/network?_return_fields%2B=network&_return_as_object=1"
-d '{"network": "'$network_mask'"}'

        network_ref=`curl -k -s -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type:
application/json' -X GET '
https://10.196.200.63/wapi/v2.10/network?_return_fields%2B=network&_return_as_object=1
'| grep $network_mask| awk -v RS=" " '/_ref/{getline;print$1}' |cut -d "/"
-f2-3`

else

        curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X
DELETE "https://10.196.200.63/wapi/v2.10/network/$network_ref/default"

fi

This script works perfectly fine and creates the network however when i
delete the network it does not get deleted from the infoblox appliance. As
i mentioned when tailed the libvirtd.log I found that the API to create
network gets executed when the network is stopped.

Attaching libvirted.log snippet

[image: image.png]
In this screen shot,  stopped hook is triggered but still network creation
API is fired which has errored out.

Any guidance or help is highly appreciated.

-Aditya