On the need to move to a merge request workflow

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 15:47:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:22:11AM -0300, Daniel Henrique Barboza wrote:

> On 3/26/20 10:10 AM, Peter Krempa wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 11:44:07 +0000, Daniel Berrange wrote:
> > > We've discussed the idea of replacing our mailing list review workflow with
> > > a merge request workflow in various places, over the last 6 months or so,
> >
> > One thing I feel the need to voice until this is taken in place is a
> > matter of personal preference:
> >
> > I severely dislike the merge request workflow and I'll be severely
> > disappointed once we switch over to it.
> >

> I'm not thrilled about it either, but I believe that once we get used to the
> new workflow we'll learn to appreciate all the possibilities a GitForge tool
> brings to the table.

FYI, every time you post to this list, there are a bunch of subscribers
whose email system (bogusly) rejects your messages, so as list admin I
get a bunch of bounces like:

[quote]

Your message couldn't be delivered

The message you sent to [REDACTED] couldn't be delivered due to: Recipient email server rejected the message.

Further Information

Rejected by header based Blocked Senders: danielhb413 at gmail.com
[/quote]

AFAIK, there's nothing wrong with what you're sending - this is a bad
mail server that has inexplicably put your email address on a delivery
blacklist :-(

The result though is that a bunch of list subscribers never see any email
or patches that you send, and worse, they probably don't even realize
that they're missing them.