Status of iSER support.

David Schweizer david.schweizer at davischw.ch
Tue May 12 06:08:28 UTC 2020

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that i would like to use the feature in a production
environment and can not rely on out of tree patches.

In regard to my question i conclude the following:
- There is currently no support for iSER storage objects in libvirt.
- There will not be support for iSER storage objects in the next few
libvirt releases.

Which for me, at least at the moment, means dropping iSER/IB, using
iSCSI/TCP/IPoIB and loosing some performance or using a commercially
available hypervisor.

Kind regards,

David