Call for Volunteers: Summaries of a few KVMForum-2020 talks for an LWN article

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 09:59:34 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 03:27:07PM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> Hi, folks
>
> Like last year[1], we're aiming to submit a KVM Forum 2020 "recap"
> article for LWN.
>
> This won't be a comprehensive summary of a lot of talks — LWN normally
> aims for 1500 words; they say "fewer can sometimes work, and more is
> generally OK too".  Given that, the write-up can cover about four
> topics, similar to previous year's recap.
>
> So I'm looking for a couple of volunteers.  Meanwhile, I'll write LWN
> folks an email to see if they're amenable to this.  If they can't accept
> it for some reason, Plan-B is qemu.org blog articles.

Hi, it's me again.

LWN said they're open for a summary article and/or a couple of in-depth
talks -- if there are volunteers.  Generally LWN audience prefers fewer
talks that go deeper.

For an in-depth article, I'm more comfortable doing Eric Blake's "NBD
and Bitmaps: Building Blocks of Change Block Tracking" talk, as I'm
somewhat familar with the topic.

Let us know if anyone else wants to do an in-depth article on any of the
other KVM Forum talks.

[...]

--
/kashyap