Libvirt Open Source Contribution

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 09:51:25 UTC 2020

On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 12:04:12PM -0600, Barrett J Schonefeld wrote:
> Michal,
>
> We've struggled with the email system so far. You may have seen when we
> submitted a chain of 65 patches when we meant to send only the last commit.
> We tested this by sending it to ourselves first but must have made a
> mistake when submitting to libvir-list.
>
> We submitted an initial patch for issue-11, which was rejected because Ryan
> emailed the patch, but I was CCed. I am working on getting my computer set
> up to submit this patch myself.
>
> Additionally, we submitted a patch for issue-16 (from Ryan Gahagan), and we
> feel confident we did this correctly (even received a confirmation email).
> However, we have not seen the patch posted on the forum nor have we
> received any email that the patch was rejected. Is it possible it has not
> been posted because we left outstanding questions in the patch?

There were 3 patches from Ryan in the moderation queue from Fri 6th
which I have just approved this morning.  This moderation is a one-time
thing when a non-member posts to the list. After getting caught once, I
add senders to the allow list, so they don't get moderated again in future
even if they are still not subscribed.