Libvirt Open Source Contribution

Barrett J Schonefeld bschoney at utexas.edu
Tue Sep 15 20:39:12 UTC 2020

Hey libvirt team,

We (Ryan Gahagan, Dustan Helm, and Barrett Schonefeld) are computer science
students at the University of Texas at Austin. We are taking a course in
virtualization, and we’d like to contribute to the libvirt repository as
part of this course. Here are the issues we are most interested in:

https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/11

https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/16

Additionally, we would like to take a look at issue 4 (
https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/4), the UDP slowdown for QEMU.
We expect issue 4 to be more time-intensive, and we would like to
communicate with you to ensure we’re solving the problem effectively.

Our course only runs until the end of the fall semester, so our time to
contribute to this project is somewhat limited. If you think any of the
issues we picked would be too difficult to accomplish during that time
frame, we would appreciate alternative suggestions. We really hope to
contribute to this project and help make improvements where we can.

Best regards,

Dustan Helm: dustan.helm at yahoo.com

Barrett Schonefeld: bschoney at utexas.edu
Ryan Gahagan: ryangahagan18 at gmail.com