libvirt-7.7.0 release candidate 2

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Mon Aug 30 17:49:12 UTC 2021

On 8/30/21 9:29 AM, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> I have just tagged v7.7.0-rc2 in the repository and pushed signed
> tarballs and source RPMs to https://libvirt.org/sources/
>
> Please give the release candidate some testing and in case you find a
> serious issue which should have a fix in the upcoming release, feel
> free to reply to this thread to make sure the issue is more visible.

AFAIK it is not specific to 7.7.0, but I'm seeing a virstoragetest failure when
building on a system with qemu 6.1

VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 VIR_TEST_RANGE=9
/home/jfehlig/virt/gitlab/libvirt/build/tests/virstoragetest
TEST: virstoragetest
  9) Storage backing chain 9                                           ... call
should have failed
FAILED

It's the first time I've peeked at virtstoragetest.c, but the test looks fine to
me. Is anyone else able to reproduce it?

Regards,
Jim