A brief look at deprecating our JSON extensions over RFC 8259

Peter Maydell peter.maydell at linaro.org
Tue Feb 23 11:03:19 UTC 2021

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 09:33, Markus Armbruster <armbru at redhat.com> wrote:
> Misunderstanding: our JSON interpolation feature is *not* string
> interpolation!  It interpolates *objects* into the QObject built by the
> parser.

Given that it's basically undocumented except in a scattered
handful of comments inside the qjson parser implementation, it's
not too surprising that people misunderstand it :-) (One surprising
feature: the parser takes ownership of the object that you pass it
via the '%p' interpolation, and will qobject_unref() it.)

-- PMM