Question about skipping virDomainDiskDefAssignAddress

Motohiro Kawahito JL25131 at jp.ibm.com
Fri Jul 16 04:01:50 UTC 2021

> From: "Daniel P. Berrangé" <berrange at redhat.com>
> To: Motohiro Kawahito <JL25131 at jp.ibm.com>
> Cc: libvir-list at redhat.com
> Date: 2021/07/16 00:42
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Question about skipping
virDomainDiskDefAssignAddress

> With the exception of paravirtualized Xen guests, this field in
> libvirt XML is *completely* independant of the guest assigned
> device name.
>
> eg the XML might say /dev/vda, but the guest might decde to
> call it /dev/sda, or /dev/whatever or really absolutely
> anything.

Thank you very much for this information! I understand it.
However, I don't understand how we can pass the target device information
(e.g. 0A80) without an error. Do you know how to do it?

My question was not good, so I opened another thread (How do we specify
disk device names for non-Linux VMs in XML?).