set custom loglevel for external libraries

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Sun Jul 25 08:17:49 UTC 2021

Am Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:26:10 -0600
schrieb Jim Fehlig <jfehlig at suse.com>:

> Does the output of DPRINTF pass the "info" smell test? :-) Or is it only useful
> for debugging? INFO vs DEBUG can be a bit gray IMO, but reviewing the use of
> VIR_INFO vs VIR_DEBUG throughout the code might help decide what side of the
> fence DPRINTF lies.

I think it is wrong to use internal libvirt values for internal libxentoollog values.

There has to be a separate configuration setting to specify the various xentoollog_level values. It is just the question where to put such setting, and how to name it.

I guess no other used library provides similar internal logging, this requirement is unique to libxenlight.so.

Olaf