Migration capabilities is not reset after the libvirtd service restart

Huangzhichao huangzhichao at huawei.com
Fri Jun 11 12:40:25 UTC 2021

Hi Everyone,

We find migration capabilities is not reset after restarting libvirtd, it would cause problem in the following scene:

Version: libvirt release 7.4.0

Step 1.  create a VM and query migration capabilities, mark the return content as "Cap A".
Step 2.  stop the source libvirtd service when executing live migration, then migration failed.
Step 3.  restart the source libvirtd service, then query migration capabilities, mark the return content  as "Cap B".

"Cap A" is different from "Cap B", because the source libvirtd service would set migration capabilities when executing live migration.

We find that there is a patch may cause this problem.
Link:
https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=a1dec315c9ad87a198245db0077ef80778621392

When we roll back this patch, "CAP A" would be the same as "CAP B".

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks.