Libvirt has been accepted into GSoC 2021

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 11:07:07 UTC 2021

Dear list,

let me share great news: just like in the past years, libvirt is going
to be part of Google Summer of Code also this year [1]. We can expect
interested students to show up and discuss possible projects to work on.

However, there are some changes made to this year's run [2]:

1) Smaller projects - with everything going on one can hardly expect
students to commit to 350 hours of coding over three months. This is now
reduced to 175 hours over 10 weeks,

2) More elligible students - now even PhD students and licensed coding
school students can apply,

2) Halved stipends - since the amount of work is halved, so are the
stipends,

3) Two evaluations - again, shorted time period requires less evaluations.

Happy hacking,
Michal

1: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5771368592834560/
2: