[RFC] Allowing SEV attestation

Connor Kuehl ckuehl at redhat.com
Thu May 6 13:04:44 UTC 2021

On 5/6/21 6:51 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
>> It looks like QEMU will expose commands needed for attestation via QMP [3].
>
> As mentioned in my reply to that thread, I believe we can already do
> pretty much all of that via a combination of libvirt APIs & guest XML.

This is not a good user experience. The entire attestation process
should be made ephemeral, taking place 100% over a socket. Enabling a
fully socket-based attestation workflow will decouple it from the domain
XML and the host file system and make it easier for guest-owner tooling
to facilitate attestation.

Connor