for rbd, how to use qmp directly to add dick

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 08:18:28 UTC 2021

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 22:06:08 +0800, longguang.yue wrote:

> Hi, all:
>     in my case, i need to add device via qmp.  but for rbd  drive needs a secret object.

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve? Or why libvirt
hotplug API is not sufficient to you?

> how to produce secret object.
>   'base64 -d'  outputs unreadable code .

The secret data is encrypted by a per-VM key (see keyid masterKey0).

For testing purposes you can add also secrets in plaintext
(format=plain). I can point you to qemu documentation on secrets if you
want, but first I want to know why you are not using libvirt APIs
directly.