[PATH v2 1/2] qemu: move temp file of screenshot and memorypeek to autoDumpPath

Peng Liang liangpeng10 at huawei.com
Mon Sep 13 12:20:51 UTC 2021

On 9/13/2021 7:23 PM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 07:11:04PM +0800, Peng Liang wrote:
>> The temp files of screenshot and memory peek, which are created by QEMU,
>> are put in the cache directory.  However, the caches of domain
>> capabilities, which are created and used by libvirtd, are also put in
>> the cache directory.  In order to make the cache directory more secure,
>> move the temp files of screenshot and memory peek to autoDumpPath.
>>
>> Since the temp files are just temporary files and are only used by
>> libvirtd (libvirtd will delete them after use), the use of screenshot
>> and memory peek will be affected.
>
> autoDumpPath does nt look like the right thing to be using here.
> Why don't we just put these files in a subdirectory of the cache
> dir to avoid the problem with capabilities ?

Ah, I just find that autoDumpPath is for watchdog event to auto-dump a
guest.  But I think the files libvirtd put in the cache directory
(except capabilites) are just temporary files instead of cache files.
So IMHO, a subdir in the cache directory is also not the perfect path
for these files.  How about putting these files in the pre-domain dir
(e.g. /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-1-test)?

> Regards,
> Daniel

Thanks,
Peng