Release of libvirt-8.1.0

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 08:18:04 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 10:18:25AM +0100, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> The 8.1.0 release of both libvirt and libvirt-python is tagged and
> signed tarballs and source RPMs are available at
>
>     https://libvirt.org/sources/
>     https://libvirt.org/sources/python/

I just noticed that a couple of new files ended up in the release
archive for 8.1.0 and its RCs, namely

  .gitignore
  .gitmodules

I believe neither belongs there and, at least for the version in
Fedora 35, 'meson dist' doesn't include them.

Do you know why they are in the archive? Can you look into it and
make sure the same doesn't happen for 8.2.0?

Note that, while the top-level ignore file just showed up,

  src/keycodemapdb/tests/.gitignore

has been there for a long time. There's also a bunch of other stuff
that arguably doesn't belong in a release archive, such as

  .github/
  .gitlab-ci.yml
  .gitlab/
  .gitpublish

and possibly all of the ci/ directory, but we start getting into less
clear-cut territory there :)