[libvirt RFCv8 12/27] qemu: capabilities: add multifd to the probed migration capabilities

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Wed May 11 13:17:02 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 14:56:35 +0200, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> is this patch specifically controversial?
>
> I ask because this is likely to be painful to maintain.

Note that in August of this year it will become obsolete. In august
we'll be dropping support for debian-10 old qemu and thus bumping the
minimum supported qemu to at least qemu-4.2.

Additionally we have a whole separate machinery for probing the
migration capabilities via the migration parameters, so you can
theoreticaly replace it by that code, especially since you'll need to
set the multifd capability when attempting the migration anyways.