libvirt-guests configurability regression

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 08:57:25 UTC 2022

On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 09:17:08PM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Wed, 9 Nov 2022 09:04:12 -0800 Andrea Bolognani <abologna at redhat.com>:
>
> > Olaf, can you please remind me why the files we dropped were
> > problematic but these ones apparently aren't?
>
> These are equally problematic because they are owned by the admin as well.
>
> They are essentially empty, their content is a duplication from doc/ (I hope).
> They should not be part of libvirt.git.

We are not going to remove these files from git or from the RPM, it would
be incredibly user hostile. I didn't mind removing the sysconfig files
because they were legacy configs from initscripts era which are obsolete
with systemd and so should not really be used except for existing
deployments.

With regards,