need directions for filling a bug report

Michal Prívozník mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 06:46:14 UTC 2022

On 10/24/22 17:52, alexandru.iancu at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm running a KVM linux hypervisor and a Windows guest. I'm passing
> through the GPU. From time to time, the guest crashes.
>
> I'd like to file a bug report.
>
> a) I'm aware of the many gitlab projects but I'm not sure which one can
> address this issue or should have a first look at and dispatch it.
>
> b) Windows dump is big(2G). I'm probably going to need to put it
> somewhere for inspection.

This sounds like a QEMU problem, or KVM or even the GPU driver. I'd
start with the first one and follow their guidelines [1]. You will need
to paste full QEMU command line into the bug report. Assuming you're
using libvirt (or some tool built on top of it), you will find the full
command line (including environment variables) under
/var/log/libvirt/qemu/$domain.log. They will guide you with the dump.

1: https://www.qemu.org/contribute/report-a-bug/

Michal