[Libvirt-announce] In freeze for libvirt-0.9.8 and availability of rc2

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sun Dec 4 08:10:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 02:30:35PM +0100, Peter Krempa wrote:
> On 12/02/2011 01:42 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 02:11:24PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
> >>But that means we really are committing to an rc2.
> >
> >   Definitely. For example there is apparently a problem with commit
> >fa9595003d043df9f2efe95521c00898cef27106 that we ough to fix quickly too
> >to allow further testing :-)
> >
> >Daniel
> >
> The problem was caused by two threads that both were thinking they
> are having the buck and entering poll() which caused some clients to
> hang. It was possible due to a race condition and therefore was not
> 100% reproducible. It should be fixed now with:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-December/msg00116.html

  Indeed, the current git head works fine again for me, thanks a lot
for chasing this :-)

  So I made an second release candidate available at:

ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.8-rc2.tar.gz

along with rpms, I also tagged git with it.
  Hopefully the builds on BSD and Windows should be fixed, it would
be good if it could be tested on OsX and since there was a build done
last month on Android, I wonder if this could be done again [1].

  thanks everybody !

Daniel

[1] maybe we should setup some cross compilation testing like for
    cygwin...