[Libvirt-announce] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.2.8

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 07:18:49 UTC 2014

  So I tagged 1.2.8-rc1 in git and made tarball and signed rpms
  available at the usual place:
    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/

While we seems to have the new API in place it's also clear that there
is a bunch of patches still waiting, either related to the new APIs
or blocked by lack of review. Please try to prioritize filling up API
implementations, and bug fixes for the reviews but I think we need to be
open about incremental improvements when they are very specific and
allow them in !

 I will try to release by Tuesday 2nd Sep, as I will be on the road
next week after that time. However the good point of that monthly cycle
is that if you get the ACKs needed even if that's not in 1.2.8 that will
be in for 1.2.9 next month, in time for KVM Forum :-)

  Please give a try to the current version, I'm a limited capacity
to test it this time,

   thanks !

Daniel

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/