[Libvirt-announce] [libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-2.4.0

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Sun Oct 30 19:09:05 UTC 2016

On 28.10.2016 05:59, John Ferlan wrote:

> On 10/27/2016 05:04 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>    As planned I just tagged the release in git and pushed signed tarball
>> and rpms to the usual place:
>>
>>     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>>
>>   Not in my normal environment this week so I hadn't had a chance to test
>> the build before pushing, sorry about this but things went smoothly, I noticed
>> a warning in virsh however:
>>
>>   CC       virsh-virsh-host.o
>> vsh.c: In function 'vshReadlineParse':
>> vsh.c:516:9: warning: 'opts_need_arg' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>>      i = ffsl(*opts_need_arg) - 1;
>>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> vsh.c:2658:14: note: 'opts_need_arg' was declared here
>>      uint64_t opts_need_arg, opts_seen;
>>               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's the compiler version you're using? I'm running gcc 5.4.0 and I
don't see this message. And I don't use any special CFLAGS. I've even
tried compiling on Fedora and still nothing.

> Ewww... In code no one really wants to touch from commit id 'dcfdf341'.
>
> Whatever compiler you have is the first to notice it I think. I haven't
> looked closely at the Jenkins output lately and usually when someone
> notices something like this with their new compiler, they post a patch.

I've taken look at Jenkins and don't see this problem there either.

> Anwyay I wonder if the parameter should have been "const_opts_need_arg"
> (and similarly for the opts_seen argument to be const_opts_seen) -
> similar to the call to vshCmddefOptParse earlier in that awful loop...

I think we can just initialize the opts_need_arg with const_opts_need_arg.

Michal