[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Libvirt-announce] [libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt 5.9.0



On Wed, 2019-10-30 at 21:58 +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 06:08:39PM +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> [...]
> > Please give it a try, I will try to push RC2 on Wednesday, and based
> > on feedback roll the release on Friday or during the week-end,
> 
>   Well, so far there haven't been any feedback on rc1 and with
> a lot of people in Lyon, there have been no commit since, so
> there is no point in releasing an RC2 for 5.9.0.
> I will give it maybe a bit more time for feedback, and if nothing
> negative coming I will likely push the final release during the
> w.e.
>   Also of note is that the current news.xml section for 5.9.0
> is quite slim, it would be good to push a bit more content :-)

As you noted, most libvirt developers have been attending KVM Forum
this week and payed little to no attention to the mailing list -
including me, which is why the release notes are a bit on the sparse
side O:-)

May I suggest we give it a few extra days? Like, instead of releasing
this weekend, wait until next Wednesday or something like that? That
would give me time to at least take care of the release notes, and I
don't think the delay will affect our users negatively.

-- 
Andrea Bolognani / Red Hat / Virtualization


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]