[Libvirt-cim] Failing qurey of VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities in Pegasus

Heidi Eckhart heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Dec 3 10:26:00 UTC 2007

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to test VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities and get results as
> follows:
>
> Failing queries in Pegasus:
>
> wbemein
> http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities
>
> The return results list below, and that make tog-pegasus stop.
> *
> * wbemein: Http Exception: server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
> *
>
> However, I can get expected results in sfcb.
>
> wbemein
> http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities
>
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities.InstanceID="zeit/0"

Please check, if you have installed the latest libcmpiutil and
libvirt-cim libraries for Pegasus. I have tested in my system and it works.
If you have installed sfcb and Pegasus on one machine, configures takes
sfcb per default. You need to
./configure CIMSERVER=pegasus, make clean, make ...
to compile and install for Pegasus.

--
Regards

Heidi Eckhart
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - Open Hypervisor

heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen