[Libvirt-cim] IMPORTANT: configure Pegasus with "forceProviderProcesses=true"

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 7 14:32:14 UTC 2007

HE> I was experiencing different behavior with Pegasus between setting
HE> forceProviderProcesses to false or true. With set to false, a
HE> provider request took around 5 seconds until a first output was
HE> printed out on stdout (CU_DEBUG)

I am *definitely* not seeing that kind of behavior :)

HE> and none of the association calls have been successful. All
HE> request returned with "Handler not found" (CU_DEBUG), which was
HE> really strange, as all request have been valid ones.

Actually, both Zhengang and I have seen this behavior, but it was
related to all of the association and registration changes that have
been flying around recently.  A full preuninstall, uninstall, restart
the CIMOM, build, install, postinstall, restart CIMOM seemed to clear
it up for both of us right away.  I'm guessing that Pegasus may have
been caching some stale information somewhere.

Let us know if the above procedure clears things up.

I might also point out that we still appear to have a bit of a libvirt
initialization race when forceProviderProcesses=false.  I had assumed
that Pegasus was loading the providers serially, which does not seem
to be the case.  Thus, we will probably need to provide a mutex for
the thread case in the initialization routine.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: danms at us.ibm.com