[Libvirt-cim] Failing query of AllocationCapabilities, GetInstance() does not return an instance

Heidi Eckhart heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 13 11:23:26 UTC 2007

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> The result of ein AllocationCapabilites is correct:
>
> wbemcli ein
> http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="DiskPool/foo"
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/xenbr0"
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/virbr0"
>
> But failing qurey of gi AllocationCapabilities:
> wbemcli gi
> http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
> *
> * wbemcli: Cim: (1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: A general error occurred that is
> not covered by a more specific error code: "Could not get ResourceType."
> *

Hi Daisy,
this issue was fixed by Kaitlin some days ago :) and is part of the code
base since tuesday. So I guess your code is a bit older ? Please can you
check out and reinstall the providers. Then this problem should be fixed.

--
Regards

Heidi Eckhart
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - Open Hypervisor

heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen