[Libvirt-cim] Failing query of AllocationCapabilities, GetInstance() does not return an instance

Heidi Eckhart heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 14 09:50:43 UTC 2007

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Heidi Eckhart wrote:
>> Guo Lian Yun wrote:
>>>
>>> The result of ein AllocationCapabilites is correct:
>>>
>>> wbemcli ein
>>> http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities
>>>
>>> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
>>>
>>> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
>>>
>>> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="DiskPool/foo"
>>>
>>> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/xenbr0"
>>>
>>> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/virbr0"
>>>

>>> But failing qurey of gi AllocationCapabilities:
>>> wbemcli gi
>>> http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
>>>
>>> *
>>> * wbemcli: Cim: (1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: A general error occurred that is
>>> not covered by a more specific error code: "Could not get
>>> ResourceType."
>>> *
>>>
>> Hi Daisy,
>> this issue was fixed by Kaitlin some days ago :) and is part of the
>> code base since tuesday. So I guess your code is a bit older ? Please
>> can you check out and reinstall the providers. Then this problem
>> should be fixed.
>>
> This query is failing for me too.  I fixed a similar issue with ELEC,
> which might be what you're thinking of.  =)  Thanks for finding this
> Daisy!  I'll take a look at the problem today.

Sorry for my wrong respond. I've tested and its also failing for me.
Thanks Daisy for finding this issue :).

--
Regards

Heidi Eckhart
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - Open Hypervisor

heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen