[Libvirt-cim] libvirt-cim rpm for Fedora 9 versus recent provider repository

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 11 00:42:21 UTC 2008

KR> For future releases, would it be a good idea to archive the
KR> current state of the cimtest tree at the same time a release is
KR> snapped of libvirt-cim?  This would allow us to preserve the state
KR> of the tests and tie them to a given release.

We can, and we could just use a tag for this.  However, unless we get
closer to an all PASS/XFAIL situation, I'm not sure I see the point :)

KR> Have the test suite check for the libvirt-cim rpm.  If it exists,
KR> grab version.  Otherwise, assume the providers are the most recent
KR> version upstream.

Yeah, I dunno about that.  We could definitely embed a version string
into one of the providers somewhere (i.e. VSMS) and key off of that.
We'd have to assume some base version if it doesn't exist (like for
what is in F9 now) of course.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center