[Libvirt-cim] KVM test report on Fedora 9

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 01:24:28 UTC 2008

Zhengang Li wrote:
> Distro: Fedora 9 Beta
> Kernel: 2.6.25-0.121.rc5.git4.fc9
> Libvirt: 0.4.1-7.fc9
> CIMOM: 2.7.0-6.fc9
> PyWBEM: 0.6-1
> libcmpiutil: 0.3-1.fc9
> libvirt-cim: 0.3-4.fc9
> cimtest: changeset-76
>
> =========FAIL=============
> AllocationCapabilities - 02_alloccap_gi_errs.py: FAIL
> "Requested Object could not be found." vs. "Instance not found." error
> string issue. The return code is correct.
> [Known Issue]

Dan has submitted a patch that sets the changeset number and revision
number of the providers as attributes in the VSMS class.

Could you add a function that gets these values, and then sets them as
globals for the suite?  This will allow the individual test cases to use
the changeset/revision number as a way to check for different behavior
depending on when a particular patch went in.

Also, there was some discussion on the mailing list about modifying the
negative test cases so that they only check the provider return codes.
I think it'll be awhile before we can add implementation specific return
codes to the providers.  Since the CIM return codes aren't specific
enough to indicate exactly what kind of error occurred, I'm inclined to
continue checking the return messages in the test cases for now.

Thoughts?

> ComputerSystemIndication - 01_created_indication.py: FAIL
> Exception : Authentication (or request) Failed!
> Previous tests were always on sfcb. Anyone has a successful experience
> on pegasus for indication?

I had this on my to-do list today, but I didn't have a chance to look at it.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com