[Libvirt-cim] CimTest Report for KVM on F9 06-08-2008

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 11 12:53:26 UTC 2008

List for discussion and development of libvirt CIM <libvirt-cim at redhat.com>

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
>> CIM Test Report for KVM on F9 with latest libvirt-cim  and libcmpiutil
>

>> This tc passed when run manually.
>> HostSystem - 04_hs_to_EAPF.py: FAIL
>>

> Any thoughts as to why this fails in the bulk run?  Sounds like one of
> the tests alters the environment in a way that this test isn't expecting.
I did not find anything common in the other test case which could be
making the HostSystem - 04_hs_to_EAPF.py tc to fail.
I tried reproducing the problem for KVM by running all the HostSystem
tc, but this time the tc did not fail for me in the batch run.
The above test case has passed for XenFV test runs till now.
I tried batch run of the HostSystem directory for XenFV and the tc
failed bcs of the following reason:
HostSystem - 04_hs_to_EAPF.py: FAIL
ERROR   - DeviceID Mismatch
ERROR   - Returned CrossClass_GuestDom/hda instead of
CrossClass_GuestDom/xvdb

I went through the test case and found to have the following problems
with the test case:

    1) The XML configuration information with the existing test case is
not completely correct for *creating* a KVM/XenFV guest.
       It does not set the test_disk information correctly, but this
does not matter when we just *define *the guest, but surely the XML
config was not useful in *creating* the KVM/XenFV guest.
       The test_disk was set to 'xvdb' for all Xen/XenFV/KVM.
    2) The network pool information that is used for creating the guest
and the networkpool used in the rest of the test case are different.
    3) The tc was using create_diskpool_file() function to create a
DiskPool, this should have been create_diskpool_conf() which calls
either creating of diskconf file or using the diskpool
       depending on  the version of the libvirt on the machine.
    4) Also, the networkpool information that was initialized using the
pool_init_list() test case was getting overwritten in the case where
there were more than one networkpool existed.
       And this could be one of the potential reason for the test case
to be intermittently fail, since the information in the list would not
have been set appropriately.

The patch with the fixes is on way.
If anyone else has any other idea of debugging this problem ?

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.