[Libvirt-cim] Cimtest Report for KVM on Fedora 9 (2008/08/11)

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 11 21:12:58 UTC 2008

Dan Smith wrote:
> KR> The test is looking for the following errors (because this is what
> KR> Pegasus returns):
> KR> "CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to retrieve domain name."
> KR> "CIM_ERR_FAILED: Failed to find domain"
>
> The error code is the same though, right?  I think that it would be
> better to check the code than the string...

Yep, the return code is the same.  But the problem is that the provider
returns CIM_ERR_FAILED as the return code, which is the generic return
code.  So the test is checking the error description to verify that the
test failed for the expected reason.

There was some talk awhile back about adding provider specific return
codes in addition to the standard CIM ones.  If we move that way in the
future, it'll allow us to check just the error codes in the tests.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com