[Libvirt-cim] Test failures result with and without sblim-cmpi-base provider

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 27 16:44:28 UTC 2008

> *FAIL Test Summary with sblim-cmpi-base(29):*

Thanks Daisy for doing this test run.  Can you look into fixing these tests?

> ElementCapabilities - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> ElementCapabilities - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> ElementCapabilities - 05_hostsystem_cap.py: FAIL
> ElementConforms - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> ElementConforms - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 01_enum.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 02_hostsystem_to_rasd.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 03_hs_to_settdefcap.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 04_hs_to_EAPF.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 05_hs_gi_errs.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 06_hs_to_vsms.py: FAIL
> HostedDependency - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> HostedDependency - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> HostedDependency - 03_enabledstate.py: FAIL
> HostedDependency - 04_reverse_errs.py: FAIL
> HostedResourcePool - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> HostedResourcePool - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> HostedResourcePool - 03_forward_errs.py: FAIL
> HostedService - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> HostedService - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> HostedService - 03_forward_errs.py: FAIL
> HostedService - 04_reverse_errs.py: FAIL
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 01_enum.py: FAIL
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 02_rcps_gi_errors.py: FAIL
> VSSD - 02_bootldr.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemManagementService - 06_addresource.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemManagementService - 08_modifyresource.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSnapshotService - 01_enum.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSnapshotService - 02_vs_sservice_gi_errs.py: FAIL
>
>  From the test summary we can say that sblim-cmpi-base installation
> result in a number of tests are failing, but it also fix some tests.
> Except the HostSystem related failures due to sblim-cmpi-base, there are
> 3 tests failing actually as follows:

What's probably happening here is that the timing of the test execution
is changing because of the number of failing tests.  The libvirt caching
issue is timing related - it takes awhile for libvirt to update its
domain list.  When the HostSystem tests are fixed, you'll probably see
more failures related to the caching issue.

Thanks!

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center