[Libvirt-cim] libvirt error

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 10:01:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am seeing the following error on running the test suite on F10 machines.

CIM_NS=root/virt CIM_USER=root CIM_PASS=password ./runtests libvirt-cim
-i localhost -c -v KVM -g ComputerSystem  -t 41_cs_to_settingdefinestate.py
*Starting test suite: libvirt-cim

Encountered an error querying libvirt with: virsh -c qemu:///system
version.  Please check your environment.

*This is because the following query does not work with the libvirt on F10:

virsh -c qemu:///system version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.5.0
libvir: error : this function is not supported by the hypervisor: QEMU
error: failed to get the library version

The alternate option for this would be to use

virsh -c qemu:///system -v
0.5.0

which works for RHEL, F9 and F10.

I have modified the main.py for the changes and submitted the patch.

But I have one concern, since the version option is listed with the help
, it should work even on F10.
Should we bring up this to the notice of libvirt folks ?

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.