[Libvirt-cim] question of DestinationSystem meaning in MigrateVirtualSystemToSystem method

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 18 15:02:27 UTC 2008

GY> I'm a little confusing of MigrateVirtualSystemToSystem method,who
GY> can tell me what does "DestinationSystem" refer to? It different
GY> from DestinationHost which can be passed by a simple ip
GY> address. As a reference, the DestinationSystem's Name have to be
GY> parsed below. Then what on earth does it mean?

DestinationSystem is a REF of a CIM_System to migrate to.  Currently,
the Name key of the system is used as the hostname.

I still need to update the schema for the migration calls and validate
that the Name key is the appropriate one to use.

For now, using DestinationHost and MigrateVirtualSystemToHost is
probably the best way for now.  The MigrateVirtualSystemToSystem call
is just another way to do it, if you have a REF of the destination
system.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center