[Libvirt-cim] Apparent RPM spec file conflict

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 3 23:19:47 UTC 2008

Tyler Berry wrote:
> The RPM spec file libvirt-cim.spec from the most recent snapshot
> includes these two build constraints:
>
> BuildRequires: libcmpiutil-devel
> BuildConflicts: sblim-cmpi-devel
>
> The RPM spec file libcmpiutil.spec from the most recent snapshot
> includes this constraint:
>
> BuildRequires: sblim-cmpi-devel

Hi Tyler,

It looks like the libcmpiutil-snapshot.tar.gz link on
ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt-cim is pointing to the 0.1 release of
libcmpiutil (your libcmpiutil spec should say Version: 0.1 at the top).

Can you try with the 0.4 tarball instead?  It's the most recent release.
ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt-cim/libcmpiutil-0.4.tar.gz

Thanks for bringing this issue up.  I'll see about getting the link to
point to the proper release.  =)

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center