[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] NULL of LXC_ElementCapabilities assocaition with LXC_ManagementService

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 15:25:19 UTC 2008

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can get any instance by  ElementCapabilities associations with
> ManagementService, that is to say, below querying return NULL.
>
> wbemcli ain -ac LXC_ElementCapabilities
>  'http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemManagementService.SystemCreationClassName="LXC_HostSystem",SystemName="nine",CreationClassName="LXC_VirtualSystemManagementService",Name="Management
> Service"'
>
> But LXC_ElementCapabilities associations with
> LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationService return expect result.
>
> wbemcli ain -ac LXC_ElementCapabilities
>  'http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationService.SystemCreationClassName="LXC_HostSystem",SystemName="nine",CreationClassName="LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationService",Name="MigrationService"'
>
> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationCapabilities.InstanceID="MigrationCapabilities"

Hi Daisy,

I'm not sure what you mean here.  In both these queries, you've using
"nine" as the system name.  Is that the name of your system?  If "nine"
is the name of your host system, then you'll get instances back.

The subject of the e-mail says you were having trouble with NULL -
here's what I see when I use NULL as the system name:

wbemcli ain -ac LXC_ElementCapabilities
'http://localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationService.SystemCreationClassName="LXC_HostSystem",SystemName="NULL",CreationClassName="LXC_VirtualSystemMigrationService",Name="MigrationService"'

*
* wbemcli: Cim: (6) CIM_ERR_NOT_FOUND: No such instance (SystemName)

Did I misunderstand your question?

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center