[Libvirt-cim] SIGSEGV error of VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent assocation querying

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 19:49:52 UTC 2008

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> Kaitlin,
>
> I hit a SIGSEGV error of LXC_VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent
> associations querying in sfcb, would you please test it on your machine
> with Pegasus?
> I'm sorry I can't provide more SFCB debug info to you now.
>
> wbemcli ain -ac LXC_VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent
> http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemSettingData.InstanceID="invalid"
>
> *
> * wbemcli: Cim: (1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: *** Provider
> Virt_VSSDComponent(23814) exiting due to a SIGSEGV signal
> *

I see the following:

wbemcli ain -ac LXC_VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent
http://localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemSettingData.InstanceID="invalid"

*
* wbemcli: Cim: (6) CIM_ERR_NOT_FOUND: No such instance (InstanceID)

You were also seeing an issue with:

wbemcli gi
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemSettingData.InstanceID="invalid"
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: *** Provider Virt_VSSD(30284)
exiting due to a SIGSEGV signal
*

Both call the get_vssd_by_ref() function, so you'd see the same response
from both.

I also tested this on a machine running sfcb 1.2.5 - I don't see a seg
fault there.

Which version are you using?  Do you have a problem when you try with
KVM or Xen?

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center