[Libvirt-cim] discussion on class list for LXC support

Guo Lian Yun yunguol at cn.ibm.com
Wed Jun 18 05:59:44 UTC 2008

libvirt-cim-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 2008-06-17 22:08:58:

> GY> 1) Domain state change -- Container guest doesn't make state
> GY> change, right?
>
> Do you mean you're not able to call RequestStateChange() on an LXC
> domain?  You should be able to, but if it's not working, I'll take a
> look at it.

  The RequestStateChange() doesn't work for me on LXC domain now,
  for an example, if I update ComputerSystem.06_paused_active_suspend.py
  for LXC support, the tc will report error below:

  Test with SFCB:
  InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): Domain Operation Failed

  Test with Pegasus:
  ERROR   - Exception: (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Domain not running')
  ERROR   - Unable to suspend dom DomST1 using RequestedStateChange()
  InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Domain not running

  On the other test case, the domain's state can't be changed to expected,
yet.

  Would you please take a look at this?

  Thanks!

> GY> 2) Device support now -- Container guest can only support memory
> GY> now?
>
> Correct.
>
> GY> 3) ResourcePool operation
>
> GY>  ・ ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 03_CreateResourcePool.py:
SKIP
> GY>  ・ ResourcePoolConfigurationService -
04_CreateChildResourcePool.py: SKIP
> GY>  ・ ResourcePoolConfigurationService -
> 05_AddResourcesToResourcePool.py: SKIP
> GY>  ・ ResourcePoolConfigurationService -
> 06_RemoveResourcesFromResourcePool.py:
> GY>     SKIP
> GY>  ・ ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 07_DeleteResourcePool.py:
SKIP