[Libvirt-cim] State of libvirt-cim project

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 24 20:56:29 UTC 2008

PM> Hello,

Hi Peter!

PM> Is Xen the only hypervisor supported at this point?

No, KVM is supported as well, although it is definitely not as
"heavily traveled" as Xen so far.  We're in the process of adding
Linux Containers support as well (see my patch set from earlier
today), as support materializes in libvirt.

PM> What DMTF virtualization profiles are currently complete?, which
PM> ones are not?

That's a hard question to answer, IMHO.  I think we're pretty well
covered on the SVP and VSP profiles, and we use the relevant bits of
the RAP, GDRV profile, VS migration, etc.

For more details on the profiles we claim support for, see profiles.h
in the source tree:

  http://libvirt.org/hg/libvirt-cim/file/c8c0e264c75c/src/profiles.h

PM> What level of testing / verification exists?

We have some internal test-suite right now that we plan to publish
very soon.

PM> Are both OpenPegasus and SFCB fully supported?

Yes.  We do most of our testing on Pegasus, but SFCB gets a fair bit
of use as well.  If you find something that works in one and not the
other, we'll fix it.

PM> What areas of contribution are needed?

Testing and exercising KVM would be a good thing, if you're interested
in using it.  Any additional platform support that you want (OpenVZ,
for example) would be good to add.

Thanks!

--
Dan Smith