[Libvirt-cim] Announcement: test suite now available

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 27 18:20:08 UTC 2008

I'm pleased to announce that our internal test suite has been made
public.  The tree is available here:

  http://libvirt.org/hg/cimtest

I'm sure that there will be all kinds of brokenness exposed as people
try to use it outside of our environment.  Please post any issues that
you may have.

The suite uses pywbem (current svn snapshot required) for the CIM
client tasks and ssh to connect to the machine under test to validate
against virsh.  The cimtest_sshkey.pub file must be added to root's
authorized_keys file to enable this.  Changes to allow generation of a
site ssh key will need to be made to mitigate the obvious risk
involved.

A sample invocation looks like this:

 % export CIM_USER=root
 % export CIM_PASS=password
 % export CIM_NS=root/virt
 % ./runtests libvirt-cim -i localhost

We will start posting regular test results on various platforms using
this soon, which should provide a baseline to compare against.

More detail will need to be added to the website, I'm sure, but this
should be enough to get people started.

Please post issues you have and test results if you can get them!

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: danms at us.ibm.com