[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] test cases fix list and assignment for the next week

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 2 12:42:03 UTC 2008

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> Hi Zhengang and Deepti,
>
> I've list the failing test cases during our discussion yesterday.
>
> I've assigned and names listed as well, it's be great to shoot for
> completion before May 4th. =)
>
> Thanks!
>

> 1) CS.40 --- maybe provider issue -- Deepti
> InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): *** Provider
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService(27073) exiting due to a SIGSEGV signal

This test case XFAIL because of Bug: 91410 on the F9 with rpm for me.
But it fails on F9 with the latest libvirt-cim sources.
The error message is as below:

*ERROR   - Unexpected rc code 1 and description:
CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error: Resource type not supported on
this platform
ERROR   - Exception: Unable create domain test_domain using DefineSystem()
InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
Resource type not supported on this platform
*
Here is the flow of the code:

define_system -> create_system -> classify_resources -> rasd_to_vdev()
is called for PROC, MEM, NET, DISK -> _sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev().
The _sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev does not have any code that is related to PROC
dev type and hence the error message.
The part of the code in the VSMS.c from where the error message is
returned as below :

static const char *_sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev(CMPIInstance *inst,
                                         struct virt_device *dev,
                                         uint16_t type)
{
        if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_DISK) {
                return disk_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
        } else if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_NET) {
                return net_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
        } else if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_MEM) {
                return mem_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
        }

        return "Resource type not supported on this platform";
}

Is this valid ?

> 2) EAFP.01 & 02 ----- still in working --Daisy
>
> 3) ElementConfroms.02 & 04: -- Deepti
>
> 4) ElementSettingData.03 --- make sure clean the vs before running --
> Zhengang
>
> 5) HostSystem.02 -- the difference of rpm and source provider in
> memory. "kilobyte" vs "megabyte", we have to add branch here -- Daisy
>
> 6) Memory 02 --- InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): *** Provider
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService(5492) --Daisy exiting due to a
> SIGSEGV signal
>
> 7) NetworkPort 03 ---- known bug
>
> 8) Processor 02 --- InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): *** Provider
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService(15585) exiting due to a SIGSEGV
> signal -- Deepti

This test case passes on the F9 with rpm for me.
But it fails for F9 with the latest libvirt-cim sources.
same prob as above for CS.40.

> 9) RASD.01 & 02 --- "kilobyte" vs "megabyte", we have to add branch
> here --Zhengang
>
> 10) ReferenceProfile.01 & 02 --- also add branch --Deepti
>

> 11) ResourceAllocatedFromPool.01~04 --- rpm vs latest with different
>

> 12) ResourcePoolConfigurationService.03 04 06 07 --
> CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED in rpm, we have to add message here -- Deepti
>
> 13) SettingsDefine 02 ---- Because of InstanceID, "Domain-0/0" vs
> "Domain-0/proc", Jay looked into this issue
>
> 14) VSSD.04 --- fail on rpm, pass on src, we have to add branch -- Daisy
>
> 15) VSMS.01 -- InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): -- Zhengang
> .02 -- destroy and undefine rpm: destroy branch "rpm" vs "latest" --
> Zhengang
> .06 -- InvokeMethod(AddResourceSettings): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Failed to
> create domain -- Zhengang
>

> 16) VSSDataComponent.03 -- we have to add branch for "error code" -- Daisy

The comments for the other test case failures is sent as part of the
another mail with subject "KVM test report on Fedora 9 (4/30)"

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.