[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] test cases fix list and assignment for the next week

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 8 12:26:26 UTC 2008

Dan Smith wrote:
> KR> I think what Dan meant is that we should be using a network
> KR> interface type for the cimtest guests.
>
> Well, the providers should be creating <source network='something'>,
> so I need to check and make sure we're doing that.

I checked whether the provider adds the <source network='something'> and
it does for KVM.
I tried creating the KVM guest with two interface types:

1) Network Type :

    It needs the following fields in the xml file:
    <interface type='network'>
      <mac address='11:22:33:aa:bb:cc'/>
      <source network='default-net'/>
    </interface>

    We are handling this in the provider code.

2) Bridge Type :
    It needs the following fields in the xml file:

    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='11:22:33:aa:bb:cc'/>
      <source bridge='testbridge'/>
    </interface>
    The provider code in the xmlgen.c file does not support the KVM
    guest to be created with the "bridge" type.

1) Also, I noticed that for creating the Xen guest we do not require the
<source > field in the <interface > section for both Network and Bridge
interface Types.
   But for the KVM guest its compulsory to have the <source > field in
the <interface > section for both Network and Bridge interface Types.
2) Any specific reason for not supporting the KVM guest to be created
for the bridge type interface, and supporting Xen guest with only bridge
type ?
3) Also, I did not understand the need for the script field in the
interface section. We can create the Xen, KVM guests without this.