[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] on the Device and ResourcePool of container

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri May 30 19:25:39 UTC 2008

GY> Who can help me to explain the detail of device and resourcepool
GY> setting for container?  How to set the other devices in a contain
GY> domain xml except memory?

If you look at the LXC_DiskResourceAllocationSettingData class in the
ResourceAllocationSettingData.mof file, you'll see an additional field
called "MountPoint" which is the target within the container.  The
"Address" field specifies the source as on the other platforms.
However, the source for a container is a path on the filesystem, not a
device or an image file.

GY> Also, I'm not sure of LXC_DiskPool, should I have to create a pool
GY> manually for testing?

This is a good point.  The existing storage pool implementation
doesn't have a way of representing a directory of directories, AFAIK.
I'll have to think on this one for a bit.  Tests for this should
probably be SKIPped for now.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center