[Libvirt-cim] Questions about Libvirt-CIM classes and Cimtest items

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 12 22:17:33 UTC 2008

Toshifumi Fujimura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I make a simple comparison CIM classes list between
> Libvirt-CIM, Cimtest and DSP10xx specifications.
> (See Summary_number_of_classes.ods)
> According to this summary, I come up with two questions.
> I would appreciate if you answer the questions.
>
> (1)If Libvirt-CIM fills CIM Schema specifications,
> it needs to add more 11 classes(*1).
> (2)If Cimtest fills both Libvirt-CIM classes and CIM Schema specifications,
> it needs to add more about 100 test items(*2).
>
> What do you think?

Yes, I think this is a reasonable estimate to get basic coverage.  You
can take a look at our to-do list:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Cimtest_todo

There's a number of test case ideas mentioned there.  Of course, there
are numerous others that aren't mentioned there.

> *1:See red cells in ods file.
> *2:See red and yellow cells in ods files.
> There are 5 test items a Cimtest class on average.
> 5(items/class) * (14+11)(classes) = 100(items)

I've created a wiki page that lists the classes we support and what
tests cover those classes:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Cimtest_test_info

Here's the list of classes currently implemented that don't have test cases:

  -ComputerSystemMigrationIndication
  -ConcreteComponent
  -DisplayController
  -KVMRedirectionSAP
  -PointingDevice (patch under review)
  -GraphicsResourceAllocationSettingData
  -InputResourceAllocationSettingData (patch under review)
  -ServiceAffectsElement

My list is slightly shorter than your's - let me know if you think I've
missed something.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center