[Libvirt-cim] Re: Enumerate error with Xen_KVMRedirectionSAP

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 19 17:16:50 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:

> Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>> Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
>>> Sorry forgot to mention the libvirt-cim revision: 751
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Deepti.
>>>

>> Thanks for finding this bug Deepti.  It was due to an uninitialized
>> structure field.  I'll be sending a patch shortly...
> Cool, I verified your patch and the enum works for me.
> But, the Name field or SystemName field when supplied with invalid value
> for the gi query crashes the cimserver.
>
> Ex:
>
> wbemcli gi
> 'http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_KVMRedirectionSAP.CreationClassName="Xen_KVMRedirectionSAP",*Name="Wrong"*,SystemCreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",SystemName="rhel_52"'
> -nl
> *
> * wbemcli: Http Exception: server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
> *

This is caused by a free attempt on an uninitialized value.  A patch is
on the way for this.

> Also, will the Name value will be set to "-1:-1" by default.
> How can we alter this value ?

This value is the "port:listen address" of the guest's graphics device.
  I've submitted a patchset that allows a user to pass a GraphicsRASD to
DefineSystem().  You can specify the port and listen address using the
RASD.

Also, if the guest doesn't have a graphics device, then a
KVMRedirectionSAP instance will not be returned for that guest.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com